Green in the Perth market

Mini diggers one of the best in Perth and competitive.

+1

Mini Diggers is who I (and my Builder) recommends. The site is left in very good condition - not a slap dash job.

They don't have a website but you can contact them on [email protected] or 0438331778

I haven't used them for awhile so don't know current prices but they were very competitive in 2011 and I'll check them this year for my demos

Hi Fellas,

Here's my design concept for your review, any feedback highly welcome!
FYI block is opposite a park (to the West hence front courtyard location for park views).

Cheers.
J

Attachments

• Concept Design clean.pdf
    371.6 KB · Views: 161
Hi Fellas,

FYI block is opposite a park (to the West hence front courtyard location for park views).

Cheers.
J

Looks good.

A heads up, those meterboxes located on the driveway will need bollards or similar to protect them as it is a trafficable area. Your gas meter won't get installed without it.

Looks good.

A heads up, those meterboxes located on the driveway will need bollards or similar to protect them as it is a trafficable area. Your gas meter won't get installed without it.
Thanks boeman.

Just raised the issue with my designer.
Apparently he had a request from a builder to put a bollard in protection too this year and I'm the second to ask.
Do you have supporting documentation?
Is that new gas regulations?
So I can forward on to the designer.
Cheers
J

Hi J
I assume you are using this draftee to prepare designs for DA, are you able to share the price??? Am interested.

My draftee on last project charged $5000 for this which was very reasonable, however I wont use him again, because he was always late, continual delays and also I had to push him to maximise the potential of the block. It became very exhausting, also just found out the other day he left the meter boxes off the drawings, I cant believe we all missed it. Lessons learnt

MTR:)

Thanks boeman.

Just raised the issue with my designer.
Apparently he had a request from a builder to put a bollard in protection too this year and I'm the second to ask.
Do you have supporting documentation?
Is that new gas regulations?
So I can forward on to the designer.
Cheers
J

Yep a lot of people aren't aware of it, until they get a slip left in their meterbox informing them they don't get a meter until it is rectified. A pretty big host of rules regarding these. I used to get them when I was a supervisor if the footing below was too wide, as they wont angle/bend the gas pipe, it must be able to come up vertically.

Here is the whole document, but more specifically page 35 is what your draftsman needs to be aware of.

http://www.atcogas.com.au/Documents/Meter-box-Location-Handbook.pdf

Also have him look at the HWS of Lot A, if that fence of the drying courtyard forms the cadastral boundary of that lot I am not sure if that complies since you need a minimum setback of I think 1m from boundaries. I would suggest moving to the alfresco, using an instantaneous and getting the recess boxes (most builders get these free, brickies brick them in) so it has a nice neat finish more flush with the wall and no pipework exposed and not such a big deal of it being in an Alfresco.

Hi Fellas,

Cheers.
J

I like it.
My only concern would be the size of the minor bedrooms particularly in the front unit. I'd consider doing a much smaller laundry and giving the space to the minor bedrooms.

But beyond that a very practical design which has natural light and ventilation to all rooms which is quite hard to do.

It's got some nice little touches like the niches and recessed ceilings. I don't know that I'd bother with the bulkhead/dropped ceiling in the kitchens but up to you. If you need to save money that is what I'd give up.

Elevation is good - simple with a modern but not one that will date.

is it possible to flip the entire design? at the moment all your northern light is being wasted on garage doors and bedrooms. is there a reason the designer did it this way? i also dont see any eaves anywhere which is a concern.

Last edited:
Also have him look at the HWS of Lot A, if that fence of the drying courtyard forms the cadastral boundary of that lot I am not sure if that complies since you need a minimum setback of I think 1m from boundaries. I would suggest moving to the alfresco, using an instantaneous and getting the recess boxes (most builders get these free, brickies brick them in) so it has a nice neat finish more flush with the wall and no pipework exposed and not such a big deal of it being in an Alfresco.

boeman,

Please refer below to council setback requirements for HWU:

Designer is happy where it sits so I will give him an all clear with that.

is it possible to flip the entire design? at the moment all your northern light is being wasted on garage doors and bedrooms. is there a reason the designer did it this way? i also dont see any eaves anywhere which is a concern. i also cant see any eaves anywhere on the plans which is a bit concerning

Hi sanj,

I suppose he must be thinking that it just gets too hot during summertime for the living areas.
I raised the question with him now so we can find out.
I'm sure he loves me already (bollards, HWS, sunlight orientation) :D

Hi sanj,

I suppose he must be thinking that it just gets too hot during summertime for the living areas.

that is why you need eaves. obviously i dont know who this designer is but alarm bells are certainly ringing, what else is he going to propose? a black tiled roof? it feels like the mid/late 2000s

is it possible to flip the entire design? at the moment all your northern light is being wasted on garage doors and bedrooms. is there a reason the designer did it this way? i also dont see any eaves anywhere which is a concern. i also cant see any eaves anywhere on the plans which is a bit concerning

Good pick up I didn't notice where North was but yes I'd flip too. Might save you some 6 star rating pain too.

I can see an eave on the elevation drawing so I think this is one of the drawing versions where it just shows walls.

Jaylo - do you have another drawing that is more in depth?

Hi sanj,

West is at the front so most of the summer sun is only going to impact front unit and that has the nice deep alfresco shading it so all good there.

Yes, Sanj, I using you to view my next drawings, is that OK....:)

Jaylo
I was going to use your draftee but he was just so expensive and a little arrogant by the way. My builder uses him all the time as he said he performs miracles, had a very good relationship with this draftee.

Cheers
MTR

that is why you need eaves. obviously i dont know who this designer is but alarm bells are certainly ringing, what else is he going to propose? a black tiled roof? it feels like the mid/late 2000s
sanj,

Roof will be light shade colorbond.

With respect to the North light I have now an answer from designer:
I previously specified I wanted the front unit to have a front courtyard to get park views hence better value.
Designer is saying that council requires northern light on courtyards to overlook some type of park etc.
So now designer asks me if I want all courtyards to face North hence we have to flip the design and do another concept as courtyards needs to be at the rear of units.
I am unsure of how to proceed next to be honest whether I should ask another concept.
Isn't it better though to get some shade to the South in the living areas during summertime?
Cheers,
J

Back