Western Sydney/Parramatta region market is stupidly crazy

With all above comparison and investment point of view, this is a good buy. I too may be one among those in your stupid list but individual views vary.

Good for you if you are willing to buy a sloppy land with a massive easement and needing 50k renovation and pay more than the current market value.....I wish you luck.

Btw, I wasn't looking from an investment perspective. I was looking at it from a HOME perspective.

Anarkali- have you looked into how easy it is to actually split a house?

Sounds easy but in reality it rarely is. Fire walls, etc. Have you factored in the cost? Depending on the council it can be $4,000+ just for council costs (if you're lucky).

Also you may get approval for a dual occ but a triple occ (if adding a granny flat) is not so easy.

My reading of the guidelines are that in nsw you can only put a granny flat next to a single dwelling . I may be wrong though .

Cliff

Good for you if you are willing to buy a sloppy land with a massive easement and needing 50k renovation and pay more than the current market value.....I wish you luck.

Btw, I wasn't looking from an investment perspective. I was looking at it from a HOME perspective.

Hi MsAli,

You are more experienced than me. How much do you think will be the price for that property in current market value. This may help to get a price guide for other similar properties in that area.

Hi MsAli,

You are more experienced than me. How much do you think will be the price for that property in current market value. This may help to get a price guide for other similar properties in that area.

Anarkali, right now all my suggested prices are way off the mark at what properties are selling at. So gotta be prepared to offer more and hope the valuations stack up unless you are a cash buyer or an investor with lots of equity to play with.

But with that Valeria St house with no side acccess and so much reno required, it didn't make sense.

But then people need a place to live and hence the exuberant offers

Yeh we went to the auction. Registered for the sake of it :p

It was a nice house.

The lady who bought it was on a mission - she would have bought it at any cost. She went up to $885k but vendors asked for $890k and she agreed...

Looks nice. What would have been the price of this one a year ago, for example?

Can't wait for 400K entry prices in 2770. This is becoming a real possibility day by day.

"Day by day
Oh Dear Lord
Three things I pray
To see thee more clearly
Love thee more dearly
To see 400K in 2770
Day by day" Godspell

Can't wait for 400K entry prices in 2770. This is becoming a real possibility day by day.

"Day by day
Oh Dear Lord
Three things I pray
To see thee more clearly
Love thee more dearly
To see 400K in 2770
Day by day" Godspell

Loving the poetry!

I think the time is nigh for 2770 to get to the 400k mark !

Just spoke to two agents about a 4 bed, brick and tile with 1 bed gf we bought in 2770 a few years ago at the early 240k mark and both said, early 400s is achievable.

We are waiting and watching ...

Auction crazy

Totally agree, auction prices at the moment are crazy.
All the experts say there will be no rate cut today so my guess is to wait till there is more stock in spring and give all those cashed up investors more choice and less competition.
I "hope" we see more reasonably prices in Sept/Oct that are closer to market values not 2016 prices! (But Full credit to vendors who sold in July and Aug when their house was the only one for auction in the suburb!).

Btw how much does a standard auction cost vs normal sale?
I heard it is much more expensive than normal sale and hopefully we get a shift back to normal sales than auctions in Oct...

I've been looking a while. Areas like Toongabbie/Seven Hills have gone up a LOT recently. But a few suburbs along you can still get good deals - Marayong, Quakers Hill etc. Mount Druitt still has a way to go but it will grow - as all the suburbs along there will eventually

can anybody please tell me what a 3bdr house renovated on a budget, eg new floors, kitchen, bathroom, paint, clean would fetch now in Lethridge park

and what price it was just before the boom, last I checked it was abotu $260k about 12 months ago a for a 3bdr renovated, whil and original was about $220k

Back