Where's Sunfish

How are things in Kal going? I heard the Super pit is cutting back on jobs?

these places amaze me, assuming output volumes don't change, then why wait till now to cut staff, why not years ago?

then you have this bloke setting up an entire new office on the other side of the world - not in a low cost environment but in scotland of all places, presumably so the numero uno can fly 1st class between offices - it'll be up to the next bloke to come along and dismantle this disaster in waiting:

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/business/a/-/wa/17781617/costs-force-clough-to-set-up-offshore/

these blokes are getting into the mood of the season, ho ho ho. again... why wait till now? do they not realise it's just an admission they have been running F A T ...

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/bu...7791584/bhp-to-run-tighter-iron-ore-business/

these places amaze me, assuming output volumes don't change, then why wait till now to cut staff, why not years ago?

I'm assuming departments have all been told to cut costs as commodity prices ease and costs increase, maybe even been given a figure like many others of 5,10, 15 or even 20%

Talked to a guy Friday who was lucky to get his gear out of a mine that went into the hands of administrators, another small company apparently cannot get their gear out and face a very tough time

Nothing beats those outback adventures, you meet so many characters and see so many interesting things! This is the reason I do Property investing, I enjoy the research and the journey it can take you on.

Last time driving between Bourke and Cunnamulla we nearly hit about 50 roos and hit 1 + scores of wild pigs feasting on the carcasses of the ones the trucks hit!

How are things in Kal going? I heard the Super pit is cutting back on jobs?
One of the characters I had contact with was a young Maori guy of 24 called Nick.

On the way over there, I stayed overnight in an elcheapo cabin at a truckstop called Madura. They make you pay a $10 cash deposit for the room key.

I woke up on Melb body clock time at 3am local WA time, so headed out to continue the drive in the dark. Managed to sit behind a road train for about 2.5 hours and avoid the kangaroos. ;)

I left a note with my key (office was closed) saying I would call in on the return trip to collect the $10...

I arrived back there at 9.00am 2 weeks later, collected the cash and the office guy (a backpacker) asked if I could give a guy a lift to Ceduna (7 hours or so drive), who needed to get there for a flight back to NZ for a funeral.

Turned out to be Nick, who lived and worked at the truck stop. We had a great day, stopped and viewed the whales at "The Head of the Bight" and talked about all sorts of stuff. He paid for a tank of fuel and an egg and bacon sanga for lunch. Interesting fella.

Had a few beers at the Ceduna Hotel on arrival, then parted ways.

I'm assuming departments have all been told to cut costs as commodity prices ease and costs increase, maybe even been given a figure like many others of 5,10, 15 or even 20%

Talked to a guy Friday who was lucky to get his gear out of a mine that went into the hands of administrators, another small company apparently cannot get their gear out and face a very tough time

yeh but if they can do that now they should have done it before. I call morons.

I hope that small company has their gear registered on the PPSR, somehow I doubt it as most people have no clue

yeh but if they can do that now they should have done it before. I call morons.

I hope that small company has their gear registered on the PPSR, somehow I doubt it as most people have no clue

First guy had gear registered, second no and includes earthmoving gear

That's a childish thing to say, perhaps he logged in because he received a private message.

If we're lucky he will grace us with his presence again - quite possibly under another nick - and answer that most worthy of questions.

And then he'll tell us all that gold is the only true investment, the sky is falling, the banks are failing, and property is a fools paradise, and then publicly state his intention to quit the forum like he has a couple of times before.

Too childish for you?

The internet brings out the inner child in all of us at times ...

Cliff

Somersoft Meeting??

picture.php

My Little Pony !?

Back